All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.37Trending at £4.51
- £9.51Trending at £9.95
- £2.70Trending at £4.00
- £8.89Trending at £10.49
- £6.35Trending at £7.34
- £9.81Trending at £12.48
- £6.88Trending at £7.06
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/08/2013
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in Sustainable Development
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note10 black & white illustrations, 4 black & white tables, 2 black & white halftones, 4 black & white line drawings
- Weight657 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byJack Appleton
- Table Of ContentsPart 1: Methods for Understanding Individuals' Values 1. Caring for What We Care About Vandana Shiva 2. Including Participants' Values in the Sustainable Development Process Jack Appleton 3. Constructing Values and Beliefs: A Relational Approach to Sustainable Development Sheila McNamee 4. Understanding Values Using Critical Discourse Analysis G. G. Patthey 5. Psychometrics: Measuring Attitudes and Values about the Environment Tammi Vacha-Haase, Anne M. Hansen, and Zinta S. Byrne 6. Determining Environmental Values Using Focus Groups Ding Ding 7. Determining Environmental Values: Storytelling at BP David M. Boje and Jacob A. Massoud 8. Charrettes in the Sustainable Development Process Jack Appleton 9. Science and Sustainability: A Transition Research Perspective Derk Loorbach and Bettina Wittneben Part 2: Religious and Ethnically Based Environmental Values 10. Indigenous Peoples Environmental Values Peter N. Jones 11. Hindu Traditions and the Environment Dixit, Prakash C. 12. The Jewish Tradition of Stewardship David Patterson 13. Christian Stewardship Fred Van Dyke 14. Islam and Stewardship Hamim Hamim, Luluk Setyaningsih, and Asep Nurhalim 15. The Social Construction of African-American Environmental Values Cassandra Johnson-Gaither and J.M. Bowker 16. Latin Americans and the Environment: Attitudes, Beliefs, and Values Victor Corral-Verdugo, Blanca Fraijo-Sing, and Cesar Tapia-Fonllem 17. Post-Disaster Japan's Environmental Transition W. Puck Brecher 18. Environmental Values in China Paul G. Harris 19. African Environmental Values Expressed through Proverbs Chigbo Joseph Ekwealo 20. Achieving Sustainability in Nigeria Aina Thompson Adeboyejo and David Victor Ogunkan Part 3: Examples of Values Guiding Behavior 21. Sustainable Perspectivalism: Who Sustains Whom? Michael Marder 22. Landscaping with Sustainability Principles Kathy Shearin 23. Bringing Sustainability and Science to the Incarcerated: The Sustainable Prisons Project Nalini M. Nadkarni and Dan J. Pacholke Case Study: Teaching Wildlife Conservation and Sustainability behind Bars Marc Bekoff 24. Designing Environmental Education Programs: Modeling Pro-environmental Competency Blanca Fraijo-Sing, Cesar Tapia-Fonllem, and Victor Corral-Verdugo 25. Avoiding Wrong Turns on the Road to Ecosystem Services Valuation Keven Halsey 26. Values and Strategies for the Environment and Sustainable Development Mark E. Hillon 27. Building Resilience in East African Cities: The Spirit Of 'Harambee': The Nexus Between Sustainability and Climate Change Response Justus Kithiia and Anna Lyth 28. The Impact of Development on Biodiversity in Singapore Kwek Yan Chong, Marcus Aik Hwee Chua, Mei Lin Neo, Daniel Jia Jun Ng, Siti Maryam Yaakub, Tai Chong Toh, Alison Kim Shan Wee, and Ding Li Yong 29. Environmental Law as a Foundation for Sustainable Development Ambassador Amado S. Tolentino, Jr.
- Author BiographyJack Appleton is a research fellow at the University of Malaysia Sabah, Borneo, and teaches 'Principles of Sustainability' and 'Research and Quantitative Methods' at Merlyhurst University, USA.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.