Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDirector Cameron Crowe (JERRY MAGUIRE, ALMOST FAMOUS) teams up with Tom Cruise once again in an adaptation of Alejandro Amenabar's 1997 Spanish film OPEN YOUR EYES. Cruise plays David Aames, a playboy publisher leading a seemingly charmed life. His most recent playmate is his "friend" Julie Gianni (Cameron Diaz), who cares for David more than he realizes. When David meets the fetching Sofia Serrano (Penelope Cruz) at his birthday party, he awakens to the possibility of what true love can feel like, leaving Julie distraught. However, after an accident that changes David's life, he is forced to rethink his choices. This psychological thriller becomes roller coaster ride of flashbacks as David tries to make sense of all that has happened, relaying some surreal experiences to a psychiatrist (Kurt Russell) after being charged with murder. The film's message may differ for each viewer, but it does make one bold point: every action has consequences.<BR>Crowe gets exceptional performances from Cruise, Cruz, and Diaz and the alluring pop soundtrack features songs from REM, Radiohead, Bob Dylan, and Peter Gabriel. Amazingly, the scene of Cruise running through a completely empty Times Square was shot on location, a major feat in and of itself.
- Leading Role 1Tom Cruise
- Director 1Cameron Crowe
- Leading Role 2Penelope Cruz
- Leading Role 3Kurt Russell
- Additional Roles bySteven Spielberg,Timothy Spall,Tilda Swinton,Noah Taylor,Cameron Diaz,Jason Lee,Alicia Witt,Johnny Galecki
- ProducerTom Cruise,Paula Wagner
- ScreenwriterAlejandro Amenábar,Cameron Crowe
- Release FormatDVD
- Release Year2002
- Additional GenreGeneral
- Subtitle LanguagesArabic,Bulgarian,Danish,Dutch,English,Finnish,German,Icelandic,Italian,Norwegian,Romanian,Swedish
- Running Time130 minutes
Most relevant reviews
- 2011*sarah7402 Nov, 2014by
very good and veryquick. a good price for blu ray
very good thank you..is a good film and I'm always buying dvds. i like a bargain compare to others the same.. the only thing i don't like this is there to many questions never done this before i think one comment is enough this is just to much for a dvd .like why did i buy this silly questions its because i wanted this film
- goudie712 Apr, 2011by
Cruise At His Best! Great film. Starring Tom Cruise. The Reason I Bought The DVD Was I Seen An advert For The Film On FILM 4. Hadnt Seen It For Years! So Decided To Have A Look And See If I Could Get It!
- 719ac7d36bdfa06...11 Mar, 2011by
A Heart Breaking Love Story
From start to finish Cruise is amazing and gives one of his best performances, the supporting cast work very well indeed, however sad the end, it's worth the ride. It's a story of what if, AAAAA
- windswept24701 Jun, 2010by
An unusual film which keeps you thinking! Not the role I would normally expect Tom Cruise to play but he does it well. At times, my partner and I were both confused by the plot and if I am totally honest, my partner doesn't really know now what it was all about. I did enjoy it though and like films which stretch your imagination. This is not a light-hearted film.
- 930keg30 Apr, 2009by
stick with it!!!
I've not seen a bad movie with Tom Cruise in it, this one is different for him. There is fabulous chemistry between Cruise and Cruz which I feel holds the film together. The twists and confusion of the storyline does get a little annoying, but stick with it. Overall, a good film.
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-rays
Save on DVDs & Blu-rays
- £13.99Trending at £19.99
- £4.45Trending at £6.98
- £6.95Trending at £8.44
- £32.99Trending at £33.75
- £3.59Trending at £3.72
- £7.99Trending at £9.99
- £15.99Trending at £16.86