Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.79Trending at £5.19
- £5.38Trending at £5.52
- £9.04Trending at £9.29
- £9.60Trending at £11.20
- £15.50Trending at £19.06
- £13.65Trending at £14.14
- £9.35Trending at £10.39
About this product
- DescriptionThe old buildings and historic places of British Columbia form a kind of roadside memory, a tangible link with stories of settlement, change, and abandonment. This is Michael Kluckners watercolour record of these places and the stories they tell.
- Author BiographyMichael Kluckner is a writer, artist, and heritage activist who has spent decades exploring the highways and byways of British Columbia. His published works include Vancouver the Way It Was, Paving Paradise, Vanishing Vancouver, The Pullet Surprise: A Year on an Urban Farm, and Canada: A Journey of Discovery. He is also a regular contributor to Canadian Geographic and Harrowsmith Country Life. He lives on a small farm in Langley, British Columbia, dividing his time between art, culture and agriculture.
- PrizesRunner-up for Book Writing Competition on BC History, British Columbia Historical Federation 2005 (Canada). Short-listed for Hubert Evans Non-Fiction Book Prize, British Columbia Book Awards 2005 (Canada).
- Author(s)Michael Kluckner
- PublisherUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Date of Publication03/01/2005
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationVancouver
- Country of PublicationCanada
- First Published2005
- ImprintUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Content Note372 b&w and colour illustrations
- Weight1060 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Format DetailsSewn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.