All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- £9.01Was:£11.99Free postage
- £8.75Was:£8.99Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionSet during the Napoleonic wars, Vanity Fair follows Becky Sharp as she cuts a swathe through Regency society. War, money, and national identity are the themes of Thackeray's great satirical novel, as it exposes a world on the make. In Becky, Thackeray created one of the most memorable female characters in Victorian fiction.
- Author BiographyHelen Small is the author of The Long Life (2007), winner of the Truman Capote Award for Literary Criticism (2008) and the Rose Mary Crawshay Prize from the British Academy (2008). For Oxford World's Classics she has edited George Eliot's The Lifted Veil and Brother Jacob, Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights, and Trollope's The Eustace Diamonds and The Last Chronicle of Barset. Her most recent book is The Value of the Humanities (2013).
- Author(s)William Makepeace Thackeray
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication11/06/2015
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleOxford World's Classics
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note193 black and white illustrations by Thackeray
- Weight698 g
- Width123 mm
- Height193 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Edited byHelen Small
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £5.59Trending at £6.35
- £4.00Trending at £4.76
- £2.57Trending at £2.79
- £5.47Trending at £5.59
- £7.82Trending at £8.16
- £5.84Trending at £6.85
- £3.43Trending at £4.58
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.