All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £4.63Trending at £5.96
- £11.41Trending at £14.47
- £4.95Trending at £5.96
- £4.95Trending at £6.92
- £12.64Trending at £15.90
- £10.40Trending at £13.78
- £7.30Trending at £8.95
About this product
- DescriptionThe biography of Vasco da Gama (c1469-1524), the commander of the first ships to sail from Europe to India.
- Author BiographyErnst Georg Ravenstein was born in Germany, but spent most of his life in England. For twenty years, he was in the service of the Topographical Department of the War Office. He subsequently became a professor of geography at Bedford College, and authored a number of books and maps. Gaspar Correa (c1495-c1561) was a Portuguese historian. He lived mostly in Portuguese India, where he is believed to have gone to in around 1512-1514, to serve as a soldier. He was subsequently chosen as secretary to Afonso de Albuquerque. He is the author of Lendas da India (Legends of India), which is one of the most important books concerning Portuguese rule in Asia. It benefited from thirty five years of Correa's work in India, and privileged sources unknown to other historians. Alvaro Velho is thought to be the author of The Roteiro , which is the only first hand account of the first voyage of Vasco da Gama. After taking part in the voyage, lvaro Velho spent eight years in Guinea.
- Author(s)Alvaro Velho,Ernst Georg Ravenstein,Gaspar Correa
- Date of Publication04/04/2011
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationMiddlesex
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight558 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byKeith Bridgeman,Tahira Arsham
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.