All listings for this product
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.32Trending at £23.29
- £66.16Trending at £91.99
- £8.66Trending at £10.60
- £13.63Trending at £14.16
- £22.22Trending at £23.53
- £19.56Trending at £26.19
- £16.22Trending at £20.27
About this product
- DescriptionWhen the ancient sites of Herculaneum and Pompeii were excavated in the eighteenth century, the objects found there renewed artistic interest in classicism. Neoclassical style and imagery permeated paintings, sculpture, furniture, and decorative arts of the period, and a central element of design in all these art forms was the vase.
- Author BiographyWilliam Rieder is the deputy head of the department of European Sculpture and Decorative Arts, The Metropolitan Museum of Art. Stefanie Walker is Special Exhibitions Curator at the Bard Graduate Center for Studies in the Decorative Arts, Design, and Culture. Hans Ottomeyer is director of the German Historical Museum in Berlin.
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication03/08/2004
- GenreFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note30 b-w + 100 color illus.
- Weight1428 g
- Width247 mm
- Height304 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byStefanie Walker,William Rieder
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.