Best-selling in Engineering & Technology
Save on Engineering & Technology
- £44.00Trending at £46.79
- £108.12Trending at £157.27
- £14.41Trending at £15.22
- £18.56Trending at £19.53
- £12.96Trending at £16.98
- £12.35Trending at £14.49
- £10.44Trending at £15.73
About this product
- DescriptionGives your students the best opportunity to learn statics and dynamics. This book provides significant refreshment of the exercise sets and online delivery of homework problems to your students. It also introduced significant pedagogical innovations into engineering mechanics teaching.
- Author BiographyFerdinand P. Beer. Born in France and educated in France and Switzerland, Ferd received an M.S. degree from the Sorbonne and an Sc.D. degree in theoretical mechanics from the University of Geneva. He came to the United States after serving in the French army during the early part of World War II and taught for four years at Williams College in the Williams-MIT joint arts and engineering program. Following his service at Williams College, Ferd joined the faculty of Lehigh University where he taught for thirty-seven years. He held several positions, including University Distinguished Professor and chairman of the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Mechanics, and in 1995 Ferd was awarded an honorary Doctor of Engineering degree by Lehigh University. Johnston Jr. Russell. Born in Philadelphia, Russ holds a B.S. degree in civil engineering from the University of Delaware and an Sc.D. degree in the field of structural engineering from The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). He taught at Lehigh University and Worchester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) before joining the faculty of the University of Connecticut where he held the position of Chairman of the Civil Engineering Department and taught for twenty-six years. In 1991 Russ received the Outstanding Civil Engineer Award from the Connecticut Section of the American Society of Civil Engineers. Phillip J. Cornwell.Phil holds a B.S. degree in mechanical engineering from Texas Tech University and M.A. and Ph.D. degrees in mechanical and aerospace engineering from Princeton University. He is currently a professor of mechanical engineering at Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology where he has taught since 1989. His present interests include structural dynamics, structural health monitoring, and undergraduate engineering education. Phil spends his summers working at Los Alamos National Laboratory where he is a mentor in the Los Alamos Dynamics Summer School and he does research in the area of structural health monitoring. Phil received an SAE Ralph R. Teetor Educational Award in 1992, the Dean's Outstanding Scholar Award at Rose-Hulman in 2000, and the Board of Trustees Outstanding Scholar Award at Rose-Hulman in 2001.
- Author(s)E. Russell Johnston,Ferdinand P. Beer,Phillip J. Cornwell
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/04/2013
- GenreMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Out-of-print date27/02/2016
- Weight1 g
- Width203 mm
- Height256 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement10th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.