All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn exciting volume that provides a comprehensive and up-to-date review on the potential of peptides and proteins from animal venoms as human therapeutics.
- Author BiographyProfessor Glenn King has been working on animal venoms since 1996.He has extensive experience in the discovery, production, and structural and functional characterization of venom proteins, and is intimately aware of the issues surrounding their development as drugs and insecticides. In 2006,Professor King founded an agricultural biotechnology company, Vestaron Corporation, that is developing spider-venom peptides discovered in the lab as bioinsecticides.His current research is largely focussed on the development of venom peptides as analgesics for the treatment of chronic pain.
- PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Date of Publication31/12/2013
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleRSC Drug Discovery
- Series Part/Volume Number42
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight648 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Pagination320 pp
- Edited byGlen F King,Glenn F. King,Robin Ganellin,Salvatore Guccione
- Series Edited byDavid E. Thurston
- Format DetailsPaper over boards,Sewn,Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.81Trending at £18.19
- £21.69Trending at £24.78
- £4.34Trending at £4.44
- £23.93Trending at £24.42
- £8.01Trending at £12.13
- £9.09Trending at £9.24
- £5.94Trending at £6.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.