All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA multi-disciplinary look at English society over three centuries, arguing that although much about society has changed - technology, lifestyles, amenities, beliefs, attitudes, norms, and values - the distribution of political, ideological, and economic power between society's constituent roles has stayed the same.
- Author BiographyW. G. Runicman was educated at Eton and Trinity College, Cambridge, and has been a Fellow at Trinity College, Cambridge since 1971. He became a Fellow of the British Academy in 1975, and was awarded a CBE in 1987. From 2001 to 2005, he was President of the British Academy. Runicman has been awarded honorary degrees from Edinburgh, London, Oxford, Newcastle, and York. As Viscount Runciman, he was Chairman of the Royal Commission on Criminal Justice in England and Wales from 1991 to 1993.
- Author(s)Walter Garrison Runciman
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication13/11/2014
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight474 g
- Width164 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £3.60Trending at £6.98
- £4.44Trending at £7.99
- £14.39Trending at £20.04
- £6.29Trending at £10.14
- £9.97Trending at £12.08
- £7.12Trending at £8.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.