All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive manual of feline medicine and surgery, explaining the symptoms and treatment of every disease or injury that the cat owner is likely to encounter. Written by experts in their various fields, it also includes advice on first aid, nursing, dentistry, showing, breeding and insurance.
- Author BiographyDr DIANE ADDIE, BVMS, PhD, MRCVS Diane Addie qualified as a veterinary surgeon from Glasgow University in 1979 and worked in small animal practice for eight years. In 1982 she won the clinical paper category of the Willows Francis Literary Award with a paper on feline leukaemia virus. Diane Addie returned to Glasgow University in December 1987 to study with Oswald Jarrett. She conducted the first long-term longitudinal survey of cats in the field naturally infected with feline coronovirus and in 1992 was awarded a PhD for her thesis, 'Studies on the humoral immune response to feline coronovirus'. Interested in the welfare of cats, as well as their diseases, Diane sits on the Council of the Cats' Protection League. She was written four CPL disease information leaflets, and an A-Z of cat disease in the CPL book A Passion For Cats. Diane Addie works at Glasgow University where she continues her research into feline coronavirus. ALISON ASHFORD, FZS Alison Ashford was born in the Transkei, South Africa, and came to Britain when she was ten to commence her formal education. She left school at sixteen to begin training for the certification of the Tuberculosis Association, which she gained despite suffering from the disease herself; she later became a Registered General Nurse. It wasn't until after the birth of two daughters that the gift of a Siamese kitten brought entry into the Cat Fancy and the real start of her interest in animals. She became a succesful breeder of Siamese and a pioneer breeder of Cornish and Devon Rex. A founder member of the Colourpoint, Rex-coated and Any Other Variety Club, Alison was later elected a Delegate to the Governing Council of the Cat Fancy (GCCF). She became a correspondent for Cats magazine and was appointed Fellow of the Zoological Society in recognition of her work.
- Author(s)Jean Turner,Trevor Turner
- Date of Publication07/07/1994
- GenrePets & Equine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1
- Weight790 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine41 mm
Most relevant reviews
- jessicparke7119 Jul, 2017by
Veterinary notes for cat owners
Amazing, good quality for the price
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
Best-selling in Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
Save on Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
- £1.99Trending at £2.27
- £30.35Trending at £43.00
- £9.53Trending at £9.82
- £14.09Trending at £15.23
- £7.49Trending at £7.69
- £18.13Trending at £25.00
- £14.05Trending at £17.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.