All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Intriguing, gleefully contentious and - appropriately enough - fizzing with life, Victorians Undone is the most original history book I have read in a long while' John Preston, Daily Mail A groundbreaking account of what it was like to live in a Victorian body from one of our best historians.
- Author BiographyKathryn Hughes is a highly-regarded social historian and biographer whose work has won major awards, including the James Tait Black Prize (1999). Her two most recent books, the best-selling The Short Life and Long Times of Mrs Beeton and George Eliot: The Last Victorian, were turned into major dramas by the BBC. She was educated at Oxford, holds a PhD in Victorian History and is currently Professor of Biographical Studies at the University of East Anglia. She is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature and the Royal Historical Society. For the last twelve years Kathryn has been under contract to the Guardian newspaper, producing fortnightly book and arts reviews and comment pieces. She also writes regularly for the TLS and is a former Contributing Editor to Prospect. Kathryn is very media-friendly and routinely presents arts programmes for the BBC on both radio and television.
- Author(s)Kathryn Hughes
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication26/01/2017
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFourth Estate Ltd
- Weight794 g
- Width160 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine42 mm
Most relevant reviews
- rosamundirosemu...08 Mar, 2017by
A fascinating read.
A real eye-opener to read,revealing details which must have taken a huge amount of research to find. An absorbing read!
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £11.59Trending at £14.99
- £6.19Trending at £6.47
- £9.40Trending at £9.98
- £6.41Trending at £7.99
- £7.76Trending at £8.90
- £7.30Trending at £9.98
- £6.34Trending at £8.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.