Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £13.99
- £19.38Trending at £30.00
- £11.70Trending at £13.78
- £10.41Trending at £14.47
- £11.32Trending at £12.34
- £12.51Trending at £16.54
- £11.77Trending at £14.47
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is about the ways American and British writers, painters and photographers have represented the American environment.
- Author BiographyMick Gidley is Emeritus Professor of American Literature and Culture at the University of Leeds. He has been awarded fellowships by the American Council of Learned Societies, the Netherlands Institute for Advanced Study and the UK's Arts and Humanities Research Council. In 2007 he was awarded the Arthur Miller Prize for an essay on Richard Avedon published in the final issue of the annual Prospects (Cambridge University Press, 2006), and in 2009 he was made a lifetime Honorary Fellow of the British Association for American Studies. His books include With One Sky Above Us: Life on an Indian Reservation at the Turn of the Century (1979 and 1985), Kopet: A Documentary Narrative of Chief Joseph's Last Years (1981 and 1983), Edward S. Curtis and the North American Indian, Incorporated (Cambridge University Press, 1998 and 2000) and Photography and the USA (2011). As well as many essays on literary and cultural history, he has edited or co-edited such works as Modern American Culture: An Introduction (1992 and 1995), American Photographs in Europe (1994), Edward S. Curtis and the North American Indian Project in the Field (2003 and 2010) and Writing with Light: Words and Photographs in American Texts (2010). He is currently completing E. O. Hoppe at Large: Photographing the Modern World.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication26/12/2006
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note33 b/w illus.
- Weight361 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byMick Gidley,Robert Lawson-Peebles
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.