Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £8.45Trending at £9.05
- £11.29Trending at £12.34
- £12.17Trending at £13.09
- £11.41Trending at £14.47
- £5.54Trending at £5.67
- £19.38Trending at £29.99
- £7.98Trending at £9.99
About this product
- DescriptionThis work looks at the changing concept of the purity of women brought about by the rise of Christianity. Rejecting Roman feminine virtue in its pure, but fertile form, Christianity claimed a moral superiority in its ideals of romance, and portrayed women seeking more spiritual goals.
- Author BiographyKate Cooper is Senior Lecturer in Early Christianity, University of Manchester.
- Author(s)Kate Cooper
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication05/05/1999
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard University Press
- Weight254 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.