Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.64Trending at £8.94
- £4.37Trending at £4.55
- £9.51Trending at £10.03
- £3.02Trending at £4.00
- £8.79Trending at £10.38
- £6.35Trending at £7.95
- £9.81Trending at £12.48
About this product
- Date of Publication01/07/2011
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Note85 black & white illustrations
- Weight444 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byGianluigi Bodo,Paola Rossi,Silvano Massaglia
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2004
- Table Of ContentsForeword. Committee and Sponsors. List of Participants. Session 1: Setting the stage: observations and interpretations. G. Giovannini / Observational Properties of Jets in Active Galactic Nuclei. A. Ferrari / AGN Jet Modeling: Setting the Stage. A.C. Raga, T. Beck and A. Riera / Interpreting the Observations of Herbig-Haro Jets. F. Bacciotti / Virtual versus Real Jets: New Clues from the HST. C. Dougados, S. Cabrit, J. Ferreira, N. Pesenti, P. Garcia, D. O'Brien / The Origin of Jets in Young Stars: Steady State Disk Wind Models Confronted to Observations. Session 2: The disk-jet connection: launching and collimation. K. Tsinganos, N. Vlahakis, S.V. Bogovalov, C. Sauty and E. Trussoni / Steady and Time-dependent MHD Modelling of Jets. N. Vlahakis / The Efficiency of the Magnetic Acceleration in Relativistic Jets. C. Sauty, Z. Meliani, E. Trussoni and K. Tsinganos / MHD Outflows from Hot Coronae. J. Ferreira / Virtual Jets: from Self-similar to Numerical Solutions. F. Casse / MHD Accretion-ejection Flows. C. Zanni, A. Ferrari, S. Massaglia, G. Bodo, P. Rossi / On the MHD Acceleration of Astrophysical Jets. S. Komissarov and Y. Lyubarsky / MHD Simulations of Crab's Jet and Torus. Session 3: Jet propagation and stability. P.E. Hardee / The Stability Properties of Astrophysical Jets. H. Baty, R. Keppens and P. Comte / How Can Jets Survive MHD Instabilities? J.M. Marti, M. Perucho and M. Hanasz / Stability of Relativistic Hydrodynamical Planar Jets: Linear and Nonlinear Evolution of Kelvin-Helmholtz Modes. P. Rossi, G. Bodo, S. Massaglia, A. Ferrari and A. Mignone / Entrainment and Deceleration of Relativistic Jets. T. Leismann, M.A. Aloy and E. Muller / MHD Simulations of Relativistic Jets. P. Mimica, M.A. Aloy and E. Muller / Computation of X-ray Blazar Light Curves using RHD simulations. F. Decolle and A.C. Raga / Effects of the Magnetic Field on the Ha Emission from Jets. F. Rubini, C. Giovanardi, S.Lorusso, F. Leewin and F. Bacciotti / Properties of Knots in Cooling Stellar Jets. A. Rogava / Are Astrophysical Shear Flows Able to Heat Themselves? Session 4: Numerical simulations: Codes and their validation. A. Mignone, S. Massaglia and G. Bodo / Astrophysical Jet Simulations: Comparing Different Numerical Methods. L. Del Zanna / Axisymmetric Simulations of Pulsar Wind Nebulae with a New Central-type Scheme for Relativistic MHD. R. Keppens, H. Baty, J. Bergmans and F. Casse / Simulating Magnetized Jets. M. Belan, S. De Ponte, S. Massaglia and D. Tordella / Experiments and Numerical Simulations on the Mid-term Evolution of Hypersonic Jets. Session 5: Jet-ambient interaction. P.J. Wiita / Jet Propagation through Irregular Media and the Impact of Lobes on Galaxy Formation. G. Bodo, C. Zanni, G. Murante, P. Rossi, S. Massaglia and A. Ferrari / Numerical Simulations of the Interaction of Jets with the Intracluster Medium. M. Krause / Large Scale Simulations of the Jets-IGM Interaction. T. Lery, C. Combet and G. Murphy / The Environment of YSO Jets.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.