All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £1.49Trending at £1.74
- £8.49Trending at £9.59
- £8.98Trending at £9.40
- £6.50Trending at £11.99
- £26.39Trending at £29.73
- £11.09Trending at £13.43
- £21.99Trending at £25.61
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive philosophical treatment of the virtues and their competing vices. The first four sections focus on historical classes of virtue: the cardinal virtues, the capital vices and the corrective virtues, intellectual virtues, and the theological virtues. A final section discusses the role of virtue theory in a number of disciplines.
- Author BiographyDr. Kevin Timpe is professor of philosophy at Northwest Nazarene University, having previously been a research fellow at St. Peter's College, Oxford University. His research focuses primarily on the metaphysics of free will and moral responsibility, and issues in the philosophy of religion. He is the author of Free Will: Sourcehood and its Alternatives, 2e and the editor of Arguing about Religion and Metaphysics and God. Dr. Craig A. Boyd is currently Associate Professor of Philosophy and Liaison for Philosophy and Theological Studies at St. Louis University. He has published two books: A Shared Morality: A Narrative Defense of Natural Law Ethics and Visions of Agape: Problems and Possibilities in Divine and Human Love.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication06/02/2014
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight938 g
- Width163 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edited byCraig A. Boyd,Kevin Timpe
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.