CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Computer & IT
Save on Computer & IT
- £26.62Trending at £27.39
- £6.67Trending at £6.99
- £16.50Trending at £21.01
- £4.99Trending at £5.15
- £15.72Trending at £16.92
- £18.04Trending at £18.51
- £14.33Trending at £23.03
About this product
- DescriptionProvides several hands-on projects for building a VoIP network, showing you how to tweak and customize a multitude of things to get the job done. This guide aims to serve as an introduction to the world of VoIP and teach you how to use it to save money, be more productive, or just impress your friends.
- Author BiographyBorn and raised in Detroit, MI, Ted Wallingford began working with information systems at the age of 7, when his father brought home a used Timex Sinclair 1000 computer and a notepad of hand-written BASIC programs from a garage sale. This little machine was the start of an eclectic career in the business of bits and bytes. While working in the data center at ad agency J. Walter Thompson, Ted began to write articles for computer magazines. This led him into writing marketing materials for Gateway Computer and the former Amiga Inc., where he was also webmaster in 1999. As I.T. Director for a large, private construction firm, Ted transformed a single-operator midrange computer room into a mission-critical 24x7 data center hosting services for lines of business across the country. Ted has designed and implemented Voice over IP on networks large and small. He offers network design for VoIP systems and product management assistance for up'n'coming VoIP carriers through his macVoIP.com consulting practice. Ted believes that VoIP and the Internet are today?s revolution in distance communication. Aside from technology and writing, Ted has served as a member of the board of trustees for an international adoption agency in suburban Cleveland, where he lives with his wife and two children.
- Author(s)Theodore Wallingford
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication06/01/2006
- GenreComputer Communications & Networking
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight441 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.