All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £14.00
- £19.38Trending at £30.03
- £11.70Trending at £13.79
- £4.46Trending at £4.99
- £10.77Trending at £12.34
- £11.87Trending at £14.50
- £11.98Trending at £15.20
About this product
- DescriptionTackling a range of Vodou practices and images, this book introduces readers to the history and practice of the religion. It focuses on the role Vodou plays in Haiti, the country in which it has its strongest following, examining the influence it has on spiritual beliefs, cultural practices, national identity, popular culture, writing and art.
- Author BiographyCLAUDINE MICHEL is Professor of Black Studies, University of California at Santa Barbara, USA, and Editor, Journal of Haitian Studies. PATRICK BELLEGARDE-SMITH is Professor of Africology, University of Wisconsin at Milwaukee, USA.
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication06/06/2007
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight397 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byClaudine Michel,Patrick Bellegarde-Smith
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.