All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £11.30Trending at £12.35
- £23.74Trending at £25.99
- £16.94Trending at £24.56
- £17.29Trending at £28.02
- £11.91Trending at £20.01
- £8.63Trending at £16.99
- £14.72Trending at £20.04
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines the abolitionist and labor press, black power publications of the 1960s, the crusade against the barbarism of lynching, the women's movement, and antiwar journals. Streitmatter also discusses gay and lesbian publications, contemporary on-line journals, and counterculture papers like The Kudzu and The Berkeley Barb that flourished in the 1960s.
- Author BiographyRodger Streitmatter is professor of journalism at American University. His books include Raising Her Voice: African-American Women Journalists, Unspeakable: The Rise of the Gay and Lesbian Press in America, and Mightier than the Sword: How the News Media Have Shaped American History.
- Author(s)Rodger Streitmatter
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication30/07/2001
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Content Note15 illus, 13 photos
- Weight482 g
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.