Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Fletcher Gillett
- PublisherHaynes Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/10/2013
- GenreVehicle Maintenance & Manuals
- Place of PublicationSomerset
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJ H Haynes & Co Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width210 mm
- Height270 mm
- Table Of ContentsBuying a suitable project van - what to look for and what to avoid, originality and paperwork. Planning a project - working space, timescales, tools, safety considerations. Strip-down and refit - removing and refitting panels and trim covered in a single chapter for easy reference. Specific chapters on structural repairs to chassis and underside, middle section, front end, front arches/steps and cab floors, rear arches, rear end and roof (including camper roofs). Bodywork - panel repair, trim, windows and seals, preparation, paint options and painting. Interior - removing/repairing interior, electrics (including adding a split-charge relay and mains hook-up). Mechanical - engine removal and refitting, carb rebuild, exhaust/heat exchangers, tinware refurbishment; overhaul of front beam, ball joints, bearings, brakes, steering box, CV joints, lowering (and un-lowering!), fuel tank, fuel sender and fuel lines.
- Author BiographyFletcher Gillett runs a small business repairing and restoring VW Transporters and other vehicles, with bodywork and structural repairs a speciality. He has contributed magazine articles and maintains a presence on VW forums where fellow enthusiasts can follow his restoration work.
Most relevant reviews
- randomguynumber...10 Oct, 2014by
Buy this if you have or are buying a VW van.
This book is great, whether you are a first time buyer of a van or a more experienced mechanic like myself. This book has information that is relevant to both people. My only problem is that some of the tools used a novice or even seasoned person would not own. It would have been helpful to offer alternatives. This is such a small point as the book goes into great detail on even the most difficult of jobs. there are many manuals on the shelves covering this model but, to my mind this is one of the most detailed and readable out there. This is a must if you are about to step into the world of classic vehicle restoration.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.70Trending at £9.74
- £19.37Trending at £30.00
- £18.30Trending at £22.99
- £12.10Trending at £19.09
- £12.57Trending at £13.99
- £11.32Trending at £15.11
- £7.40Trending at £9.99