All listings for this product
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £6.02Trending at £6.29
- £5.85Trending at £5.97
- £4.75Trending at £5.59
- £4.75Trending at £6.09
- £4.15Trending at £4.69
- £4.30Trending at £6.85
- £4.79Trending at £6.16
About this product
- DescriptionEasy Rider meets Pedro Paramo in this darkly funny, fast-paced road novel that barrels through eastern Ukraine's ravaged industrial landscape.
- Author BiographySerhiy Zhadan is one of the key voices in contemporary Ukrainian literature: his poetry and novels have enjoyed popularity both at home and abroad. He has twice won BBC Ukraine's Book of the Year (2006 and 2010) and has twice been nominated as Russian GQ's 'Man of the Year', in their writers category. Writing is just one of his many interests, which also include singing in a band, translating poetry and organizing literary festivals. Zhadan was born in Starobilsk, Luhansk Oblast. He graduated from Kharkiv University in 1996, then spent three years as a graduate student of philology. He taught Ukrainian and world literature from 2000 to 2004, and thereafter retired from teaching. Zhadan has translated poetry from German, English, Belarusian, and Russian, from such poets as Paul Celan and Charles Bukowski. His own works have been translated into German, English, Polish, Serbian, Croatian, Lithuanian, Belarusian, Russian, Hungarian, Armenian, Swedish and Czech. In 2013, he participated in Euromaidan demonstrations in Kharkiv, and in 2014, he was assaulted outside the administration building in Kharkiv, an incident discussed in The New Yorker. He lives and works in Kharkiv. Reilly Costigan-Humes is a graduate of Haverford College, where he studied Russian literature and culture. He lives and works in Moscow, and translates literature from the Ukrainian and Russian. Isaac Wheeler received an MA in Russian Translation from Columbia University, and is also a graduate of Haverford College, where he studied Russian Language and English Literature. Wheeler lives in Brooklyn, NY, where he is a professional business and literary translator.
- Author(s)Serhiy Zhadan
- PublisherDeep Vellum Publishing
- Date of Publication28/04/2016
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationTexas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDeep Vellum Publishing
- Weight468 g
- Width134 mm
- Height210 mm
- Translated byReilly Costigan-Humes,Isaac Wheeler
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.