Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £13.99
- £19.38Trending at £29.99
- £10.71Trending at £12.33
- £12.89Trending at £16.61
- £10.84Trending at £11.28
- £11.30Trending at £13.25
- £4.63Trending at £5.99
About this product
- DescriptionExploring the myths through which poets such as Geoffrey Whitney, William Shakespeare, and John Milton understood the nature of their art, the author shows how they invented archaic origins for a different kind of writing. He shows how the poets' search for a beginning drew them to rework fables about Orpheus, Philomena, and Circe.
- Author BiographySean Keilen is assistant professor of English at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)Sean Keilen
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication30/06/2006
- GenreLiterary Theory
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note26 b-w illus.
- Weight454 g
- Width139 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.