All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProvides practical advice on scoring and administration. This book facilitates understanding WAIS-IV use with special populations including multicultural clients, in neuropsychological settings, with individuals experiencing psychological disorders, and with older adults. It describes use of the WAIS-IV with WMS-II.
- Author BiographyLawrence G. Weiss, PhD is Vice President of Test Development for Pearson Clinical Assessment. He oversees a department of 150 professionals and is responsible for all research and test development activities related to the company's psychological, educational, speech, language, and occupational therapy assessment products as well as post college admissions tests. He also advises on test development activities for the company's international business partners around the globe including Pearson Clinical Assessment offices in the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, The Netherlands, India, China, Spain, and Brazil. Dr. Weiss has presented widely on intelligence in more than a dozen countries. He has authored or co-authored the following 7 graduate level text books: * WISC-III Cross Cultural Analyses: Culture and Children's Intelligence (2003) * WISC-IV Clinical Use and Interpretation (2005) * WISC-IV Advanced Clinical Interpretation (2006) * WISC-IV Clinical Use and Intervention (2008) * WAIS-IV Clinical Use and Interpretation (2010) * BAYLEY-III Clinical Use and Interpretation (2010) * Advanced Clinical Assessment with WAIS-IV and WMS-IV (2013) Some of his books have been translated into Spanish, Japanese, and Korean. In addition, he has authored or coauthored approximately 30 journal articles, 12 technical reports, and 10 other book chapters. Dr. Weiss holds a PhD degree in industrial and organizational psychology from Texas A&M University, and a master's degree in clinical psychology from Trinity University. He lives in San Antonio, Texas, with his wife of 28 years, Judy Ann. The Weiss' have two adult sons. Dr. Saklofske is a Professor in the Division of Applied Psychology at the University of Calgary. He is also an Adjunct Professor at the University of Saskatchewan and Swinburne University, Australia. He is a Fellow of the Canadian Psychological Association and the Association for Psychological Science. Dr. Saklofske has published more than 150 journal articles and book chapters on intelligence, personality, individual differences and psychological assessment. As well, he has written or edited books on the Wechsler intelligence scales, personality and intelligence, exceptional children, and educational psychology. He is the Editor of the Journal of Psychoeducational Assessment and the Canadian Journal of School Psychology and Associate Editor of Personality and Individual Differences.
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication22/06/2010
- GenrePsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitlePractical Resources for the Mental Health Professional
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight680 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byDiane L. Coalson,Donald H. Saklofske,Lawrence G. Weiss,Susan Engi Raiford
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.64Trending at £8.97
- £4.37Trending at £4.56
- £9.51Trending at £10.06
- £8.79Trending at £12.98
- £2.81Trending at £4.00
- £8.79Trending at £10.38
- £6.35Trending at £7.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.