All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £3.12Trending at £5.99
- £15.01Trending at £16.99
- £13.77Trending at £19.99
- £31.44Trending at £50.88
- £16.47Trending at £25.02
- £9.80Trending at £16.59
- £9.20Trending at £13.05
About this product
- DescriptionCreated through a 'student-tested, faculty-approved' review process, this book is an accessible solution to accommodate the diverse lifestyles of learners.
- Author BiographyCraig A. Lockard is Ben and Joyce Rosenberg Professor of History in the Social Change and Development Department at the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay, where since 1975 he has taught courses on Asian, African, comparative, and world history. He has also taught at SUNY-Buffalo, SUNY-Stony Brook, and the University of Bridgeport, and twice served as a Fulbright-Hays professor at the University of Malaya in Malaysia. After undergraduate studies in Austria, Hong Kong, and the University of Redlands, he earned an M.A. in Asian Studies at the University of Hawaii and a Ph.D. in Comparative World and Southeast Asian History at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. His published books, articles, essays, and reviews range over a wide spectrum of topics: world history; Southeast Asian history, politics, and society; Asian emigration; the Vietnam War; and folk, popular, and world music. Among his major books are Lands of Green, Waters of Blue: Southeast Asia in World History (forthcoming); Dance of Life: Popular Music and Politics in Modern Southeast Asia (1998); and From Kampung to City: A Social History of Kuching, Malaysia, 1820-1970 (1987). He was also part of the task force that prepared revisions to the U.S. National Standards in World History (1996). Professor Lockard has served on various editorial advisory boards, including the Journal of World History and The History Teacher, and as book review editor for the Journal of Asian Studies and the World History Bulletin. He was one of the founders of the World History Association and served as the organization's first secretary. He has lived and traveled widely in Asia, Africa, and Europe.
- Author(s)Craig Lockard
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2010
- FormatMixed media product
- GenreHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Weight2380 g
- Width216 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine42 mm
- Contained items statementContains 1 Paperback and 1 Digital online
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.