All listings for this product
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £13.11Trending at £15.00
- £12.71Trending at £13.44
- £6.54Trending at £8.98
- £4.44Trending at £5.19
- £10.96Trending at £11.99
- £4.93Trending at £8.98
- £5.95Trending at £9.05
About this product
- DescriptionLomba is a young journalist living under military regime in Lagos. His mind is full of soul music and girls and the novel he is writing. But his room-mate goes mad and is beaten up by soldiers, and his neighbours are planning a demo which is bound to incite riot and arrests. Lomba must write the truth about this reign of terror.
- Author BiographyHelon Habila is a Nigerian novelist, poet and academic. He is the author of the novels Waiting for an Angel, Measuring Time and Oil on Water, and has won literary prizes including the Caine Prize and the Windham/Campbell Literature Prize. He teaches creative writing at George Mason University, Washington, and his most recent book The Chibok Girls will be published by Penguin Books in April 2017.
- PrizesShortlisted for The Commonwealth Writers Prize (Best First Book) 2003.
- Author(s)Helon Habila
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication28/08/2003
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Weight172 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.