All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.64Trending at £8.97
- £4.36Trending at £4.56
- £9.51Trending at £10.07
- £8.79Trending at £12.98
- £3.02Trending at £4.00
- £8.89Trending at £10.38
- £6.35Trending at £7.98
About this product
- DescriptionThough, Wal-Mart is the largest company in the world, its global labor practices and outsourcing strategies represent for many what contemporary economic globalization is all about. This book looks at this important phenomenon in global perspective, with chapters that range from its growth in the US and impact on labor relations.
- Author BiographyStanley D. Brunn is Professor of Geography at the University of Kentucky.He is the former editor of both The Professional Geographer and of the Annals, AAG. His research record includes a number of authored and edited books and numerous articles that have appeared in geography and interdisciplinary journals. He has taught for short periods at more than a dozen European and Central Asian universities; these include Finland, Sweden, Ireland, Switzerland, Austria, Slovenia, the Netherlands, Bosnia, Kosovo, Kazakstan, and Kyrgyzstan. During the past four decades he has made presentations at dozens of national and international conferences. He was elected University of Kentucky Distinguished Professor in the College of Arts and Sciences in 1989-90. Stan has also been active in the Association of American Geographers, including editor of both The Professional Geographer and of the Annals, AAG. He received AAG Honors in 1994; also he has served on a number of IGU, NCGE, and AAG committees, including co-chair of the AAG Centennial Coordinating Committee. During the past two decades he has worked with educators in Kentucky to train teachers and to improve the quality of instruction in the state's schools. Among the many highlights of his professional career was his appearance on NBC's Today Show in 1971 to discuss his proposed political reorganization of the United States.
- Author(s)Stanley D. Brunn
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/10/2006
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note36 black & white halftones, 3 black & white line drawings
- Weight748 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.