All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the early 1950s through the late '80s, the Disney studio created Sunday comics adaptations of more than 120 of their animated and live-action films that were currently in movie theaters. In this book, the chronological all-star line-up is an almost embarrassment of riches: the animated Peter Pan, Lady and the Tramp, Peter and the Wolf.
- Author BiographyFrank Reilly (1906-77) was trained as an artist in New York and worked for AP Newsfeatures as comics and cartoon editor. He joined Disney as head of its comic strip department in January 1946. He wrote at least one comic strip, Scorchy Smith, when he was with AP Newsfeatures. Manuel Gonzales (1913-93), a Spanish immigrant who joined the Disney staff in 1936 as an -inbetweener, - the lowest rung on animation's ladder, advanced within a couple of years to the comic-strip department. He made the pencil drawings for the Mickey Mouse Sunday page, and later for cartoon stories such as Cinderella and Alice in Wonderland, and then for all cartoon installments in the Treasury of Classic Tales.
- Author(s)Frank K. Reilly
- PublisherIdea & Design Works
- Date of Publication15/11/2016
- GenreCartoons & Comic Strips
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2017
- ImprintIdea & Design Works
- Artist(s)Jesse Marsh,Manuel Gonzales,Dick Moores
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £3.68Trending at £3.80
- £12.88Trending at £16.19
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £9.97Trending at £10.37
- £8.24Trending at £11.34
- £61.04Trending at £83.99
- £8.95Trending at £15.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.