All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFeatures a great American poem. This book includes an afterword by Whitman authority David Reynolds, in which he discusses the 1855 edition, in its social and cultural contexts. It also includes an appendix. It is useful for fans of Whitman and lovers of American poetry.
- Author BiographyDavid S. Reynolds is Distinguished Professor of English and American Studies at Baruch College and the Graduate Center of the City University of New York. Among his many books are Walt Whitman (part of Oxford's Lives and Legacies series), Walt Whitman's America: A Cultural Biography, which won the Bancroft Prize and was a finalist for the National Book Critics Circle Award, and Beneath the American Renaissance, winner of the Christian Gauss Award. A regular contributor to The New York Times Book Review, he lives in Old Westbury, New York.
- Author(s)Walt Whitman
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication15/04/2005
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Note1 halftone
- Weight441 g
- Width161 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Volume editorDavid S. Reynolds
- Edition Statement150th Revised edition
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £11.59Trending at £15.00
- £6.19Trending at £6.48
- £8.43Trending at £11.68
- £9.41Trending at £9.98
- £9.51Trending at £10.99
- £7.76Trending at £8.55
- £6.71Trending at £8.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.