All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA collection of 150 letters that offers glimpses of women's lives as they waited, worked, and wrote from the Ohio home front. It reveals details of the lives of mostly young, single women - friends, acquaintances, love interests, and strangers who responded to one Union soldier's advertisement for correspondents.
- Author BiographyNancy L. Rhoades, the granddaughter of Lieutenant Lybarger, was director of cataloging at the College of Wooster and is the author of Croquet, a history of the game. She died in April 2007. Lucy E. Bailey is an assistant professor of social foundations and qualitative research at Oklahoma State University and serves as core faculty in the Women's Studies program.
- PublisherOhio University Press
- Date of Publication07/07/2009
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationOhio
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOhio University Press
- Content Noteillus
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Edited byLucy E. Bailey,Nancy L. Rhoades
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.20Trending at £17.48
- £18.69Trending at £23.70
- £3.95Trending at £4.01
- £10.30Trending at £15.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.