All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWar memorials are a feature of Britain's landscape, and part of the fabric of its history as a nation. The Imperial War Museum's National Inventory has sixty thousand war memorials spanning two millennia. This work presents examples that are intended as a tribute to the victims of war and as tangible reminders of significant events.
- Author BiographyJim Corke read law at Birmingham University before reporting for National Services. Twenty years and a regular commission later he was 'demobbed' at the Royal School of Military Engineering, Chatham, to begin a second career in teaching. He is a regional volunteer for the Friends of War Memorials and the Imperial War Museum, London.
- Author(s)Jim Corke
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/06/2005
- GenreTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleShire album
- Series Part/Volume Number441
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShire Publications Ltd
- Content Notecolour and b&w illustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width150 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine3 mm
Most relevant reviews
- cadno_coch27 Jul, 2016by
another excellent Shire book
I love Shire books and this one's no different. A good introduction to the topic and another welcome addition to my bookshelf.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £11.28Trending at £14.02
- £9.34Trending at £12.99
- £9.60Trending at £11.18
- £29.38Trending at £35.37
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
- £5.28Trending at £5.90
- £6.82Trending at £9.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.