All listings for this product
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £4.99Trending at £7.98
- £20.99Trending at £22.49
- £8.72Trending at £10.98
- £30.68Trending at £41.00
About this product
- DescriptionFor the second half of his long life, Christopher Logue (1926-2011) was at work on a very different project: a rewriting of Homer's Iliad. As each instalment, from Kings to Cold Calls, was published, it became clear that this was to be Logue's masterpiece. This title collects his notebook drafts for the final volume, Big Men Falling a Long Way.
- Author BiographyChristopher Logue (1926-2011) was educated at Prior Park College, Bath, and at Portsmouth Grammar School. He served as a private in the Black Watch and spent sixteen months in an army prison. His publications include several volumes of poetry and a pornographic novel. The first collection of his reinterpretation of Homer's Iliad, War Music, was shortlisted for the 2002 Griffin Poetry Prize; Cold Calls, the fifth instalment of the War Music series, won the Whitbread Poetry Prize in 2005.
- Author(s)Christopher Logue
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication18/11/2015
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Out-of-print date06/05/2017
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.