Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAims to debunk the myth that Britain was a free-trade nation during and after the industrial revolution, by revealing how the British used tariffs as a mercantilist tool to politically weaken France. This book shows that Britain did not transform smoothly from a mercantilist state in the 18th century to a bastion of free trade in the late 19th.
- Author BiographyJohn V. C. Nye is Professor of Economics and History at Washington University in St. Louis. From the Fall of 2007, he will be Professor of Economics at George Mason University and will occupy the Frederic Bastiat Chair in Political Economy at the Mercatus Center.
- Author(s)John V. C. Nye
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication15/06/2007
- GenreEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleThe Princeton Economic History of the Western World
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note29 line illus.35 tables.
- Weight425 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £18.99Trending at £19.31
- £45.12Trending at £47.54
- £12.12Trending at £15.88
- £8.33Trending at £9.99
- £13.11Trending at £13.59
- £12.86Trending at £16.88
- £10.00Trending at £11.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.