All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Ronald Blank
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication25/06/2014
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note11 black & white illustrations, 4 black & white tables
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Table Of ContentsWarranty Claims Understanding the Real Warranty Costs Traditional Methods of Reducing Warranty Cost Automated Claims Approval, Tracking, and Paperwork Improving Outgoing Quality Improving Reliability Preservation and Packaging Improvement Principles of the Modern Approach Other Warranty Reduction Actions Supplier Cost Recovery On-Site Claims Processing Rotating Product Exchange Customer Training Other Warranty Reduction Actions Record Keeping Warranty System Productivity Improvement Streamlining Service Operations Communications and Paperwork Process Flow Ergonomics and the Warranty Service Area Layout Material Handling and Flow Tool and Equipment Availability Improving the Service Department Itself Optimizing Mobile Service Activities Replacement Parts Availability Diagnostic and Repair Equipment Calibration Suitability of Diagnostic and Repair Equipment Inspecting and Testing Warranty Cost Reduction Training for Employees and Customers Reducing Warranty Claims by Quality Improvement Continuous Improvement Feedback to the Quality Department Data Collection and Analysis Improving Defect Detection Improving Supplier Quality Feedback to Manufacturing Sources of Feedback Feedback about Defects PFMEA Supply Chain Management Feedback from Audits Other Feedback Reducing Warranty Claims by Reliability Improvement Reliability Measurement Failures in Time Reliability Improvement Reliability Program Planning Determining Causes for Developing Corrective Actions Determining Defect Root Causes Common Quality Methods for General Use Other Tools for Determining Root Cause Difficulties and Errors in Determining Root Causes Developing Corrective and Preventive Actions 8-D Method The DMAIC Process Feedback to Engineering FMEA Design Verification and Validation Designing for Reliability Kansei Engineering Planning and Implementing Your Improvements Change Management Implementing Corrective and Preventive Actions Appendix A: Warranty Cost Tracking Chart Appendix B: Gauge R&R FORMS Appendix C: Worksheets for Determining Root Cause Index
- Author BiographyRonald Blank has more than 30 years of experience in management and engineering. Approximately half of his experience is in aerospace and the other half is in the automotive industry. His education includes statistics, quality assurance, and mechanical and electronic engineering. He also has much experience in supervision and training of employees, as well as productivity enhancement and warranty claims reduction. He earned a bachelor of science degree and a doctor of engineering degree. Dr. Blank is the author of several books on various management and engineering topics, including reliability and productivity improvement.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £62.99Trending at £104.98
- £23.65Trending at £26.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.