All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA fiction about horses in war. It is about a thoroughbred horse that Winston Churchill's great heroic friend took to France in 1914 and survived five years of bombs and bullets to lead a cavalry charge in 1918 before returning home to the Isle of Wight where to ride on together until 1938 their combined ages (70+30) totalled a 100.
- Author BiographyGENERAL JACK SEELY was the great heroic friend of Winston Churchill and the only Cabinet Minister to go to the front in 1914 and still be there four years later.
- Author(s)General Jack Seely
- PublisherRaceform Ltd
- Date of Publication10/10/2011
- GenreMilitary History
- Place of PublicationNewbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRacing Post
- Out-of-print date30/09/2014
- Content Note30 b&w drawings
- Weight476 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Illustrator(s)Sir Alfred Munnings
- Introduction byBrough Scott
- Foreword bySir Peter O'Sullevan
Most relevant reviews
- colinthecrayfis...09 Apr, 2012by
A great easy read - buy one and try it!
This is a great read, which really puts Michael Morpurgo’s fictional book into context. The reader shouldn’t however think this is a modern day read. Galloper Jack Seely was a very much the Edwardian Gentleman and wrote in that style. But do read if you were interested in Michael Morpurgo’s War Horse book, play or the new Steven Spielberg film. There is a great introduction by Brough Scott, a grandson of Jack Seely and some war horse facts at the back of the book. Enjoy!
- blackeyetwo06 Feb, 2012by
Well worth reading - and looking at pix.
A marvellous book - bought after seeing the film War Horse. Brand new and in excellent condition - and well below retail price. The illustrations are particularly fine.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.83Trending at £6.12
- £6.82Trending at £7.28
- £23.12Trending at £34.82
- £14.94Trending at £18.99
- £10.01Trending at £10.66
- £24.21Trending at £25.19
- £25.99Trending at £28.57