Best-selling in Politics & Government
Save on Politics & Government
- £29.78Trending at £31.49
- £14.30Trending at £21.83
- £10.09Trending at £12.92
- £7.57Trending at £8.44
- £28.88Trending at £30.43
About this product
- DescriptionOver the past several years, Ken Wharton, himself a former soldier, has been prolific in his coverage of the Troubles which spread their tentacles far from the streets ands fields of Northern Ireland.
- Author BiographyKen Wharton is in his mid-60s but retains a youthful, though deeply knowledgeable and experienced view of the Northern Ireland troubles. It was said by one military historian that: '... nobody does Northern Ireland quite like Ken Wharton.' Living on Australia's sun-kissed Gold Coast, he divides his time between there and his native UK. He returns to Britain as often as he can and still makes an annual pilgrimage to Ulster to lay his own ghosts and to remember the fallen of Britain's forgotten war. A former football referee in the tough West Yorkshire League and with 500 skydives under his belt, he retains a young man's view of the world, whilst at the same time, retaining his grip on reality.
- Author(s)Ken Wharton
- PublisherHelion & Company
- Date of Publication27/06/2013
- GenrePolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationSolihull
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHelion & Company
- Content Note75 b/w photos, 3 maps
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Most relevant reviews
- uk2015-onei07 Jun, 2016by
I could relate to the experience
I was there several times in the 70s, certain incidents reminded me of my tours, very factual and direct. Spoken through someone who was there.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.