All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.81Trending at £17.91
- £9.88Trending at £11.74
- £10.75Trending at £10.83
- £16.29Trending at £18.84
- £4.00Trending at £4.64
- £4.84Trending at £4.91
- £10.15Trending at £13.31
About this product
- Author(s)Linda L. Fowler
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication14/04/2015
- GenreInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note38 line illus. 17 tables.
- Weight399 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Table Of ContentsList of Illustrations ix List of Tables xi Preface xiii Acknowledgments xvii PART I Information, Regular Order, and Democratic Accountability in International Affairs Introduction Oversight Hearings and U.S. Foreign Policy 3 Chapter 1 Guarding the Guardians through Oversight 21 Chapter 2 Committee Motivations for Oversight 47 PART II Oversight Hearings and Regular Order in U.S. Foreign Relations Chapter 3 Institutional Change and Senate Committee Hearings 71 Chapter 4 Committee Goals and Oversight Strategies 98 Chapter 5 Police Patrols and Fire Alarms in U.S. Foreign Policy 132 PART III Reclaiming Congressional War Powers Chapter 6 Return to the Rule of Law in International Affairs 171 Chapter 7 Reforming National Security Oversight in the Senate 186 Appendix A Coding Congressional Committee Hearings 203 Appendix B Description of Dependent and Independent Variables 209 Appendix C Methodological Appendix to Chapter 3 212 Appendix D Methodological Appendix to Chapter 4 218 Appendix E Methodological Appendix to Chapter 5 225 References 235 Index 251
- Author BiographyLinda L. Fowler is professor of government and the Frank J. Reagan Chair in Policy Studies, Emerita, at Dartmouth College. She is the author of Candidates, Congress, and the American Democracy and coauthor of Political Ambition.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.