CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Other Books, Comics, Magazines
Save on Other Books, Comics, Magazines
- £65.23Trending at £130.00
- £56.77Trending at £60.59
- £24.40Trending at £29.33
- £11.02Trending at £11.18
- £9.09Trending at £9.96
- £38.66Trending at £39.60
- £17.38Trending at £26.99
About this product
- DescriptionOur planet is constantly monitored by hundreds of space-borne instruments. This book describes the technology of those instruments and the sciences they provide with useful data. It also discusses the political implications of space-borne monitoring.
- Author BiographyWatching Earth from Space derives from the author's unique experience of being part of the team that developed Europe's first and Japan's latest generations of weather satellites, of using satellite images to monitor the UK potato and sugar beet crops, and helping to define the use of satellites to monitor global change and prevent nuclear war. Pat Norris's direct access to politicians, civil servants, technologists, and both military and civilian users of space images worldwide has also proved essential to the accuracy of the story told in this book. This book is the natural successor to Pat Norris's book on the origins of spy satellites: Spies in the Sky (Springer-Praxis, 2008), which told the story of the first military satellites to monitor the Earth.
- Author(s)Pat Norris
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication16/11/2010
- GenrePopular Science
- Series TitleSpringer Praxis Books
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note6 Tables, black and white; XX, 284 p.
- Weight518 g
- Width168 mm
- Height240 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.