Best-selling in Sports
Save on Sports
- £6.04Trending at £6.73
- £14.34Trending at £19.88
- £18.14Trending at £24.95
- £30.35Trending at £37.29
- £9.12Trending at £12.98
- £13.98Trending at £14.88
- £6.30Trending at £9.97
About this product
- DescriptionOffering the information for obtaining and maintaining wellness, this title provides students with guidelines, exercises, and examples to develop a water aerobic program. It includes chapters on fitness assessment, nutrition, and weight management as well as hundreds of illustrations to promote a healthy fitness and wellness program.
- Author BiographyTerry-Ann Spitzer Gibson has completed a great deal of research in the area of water fitness and has used that expertise to complete several, reputable publications. These include publications for MEDICINE AND SCIENCE IN SPORTS AND EXERCISE, RESEARCH QUARTERLY FOR EXERCISE AND SPORT, JOURNAL OF SPORTS MEDICINE AND PHYSICAL FITNESS, and NATIONAL AQUATIC JOURNAL. She also has a strong background in intramural programs, having been the Director of Intramural Recreation at Boise State University for 11 years. She is currently an Assistant Professor in the Department of Kinesiology at Boise State University and has been with the department for the past 21 years. All of this experience contributes to her ability to effectively discuss and present the topics of water aerobics and personal wellness. Dr. Werner W.K. Hoeger Professor Emeritus in the Department of Kinesiology at Boise State University, and Fellow of the American College of Sports Medicine and the Research Consortium of SHAPE America (Society of Health and Physical Educators). The 2004 recipient of the Presidential Award for Research and Scholarship in the College of Education at Boise State University, keynote speaker at the VII Iberoamerican Congress of Sports Medicine and Applied Sciences and the 2010 Western Society for Kinesiology and Wellness, Dr. Hoeger continues to research and lecture on exercise physiology, physical fitness, and wellness. In addition to PRINCIPLES AND LABS FOR PHYSICAL FITNESS, Dr. Hoeger has published several Cengage Learning texts including Fitness and Wellness, Principles and Labs for Physical Fitness, Lifetime Physical Fitness and Wellness, Wellness: Guidelines for a Healthy Lifestyle, and Water Aerobics for Fitness and Wellness. Dr. Hoeger is a former luge athlete (2002 and 2006 Winter Olympian); All-American by USA Track & Field in 2012, 2014, 2015, and 2016; and renowned fitness and wellness innovator. He developed many popular fitness assessment tools in use today, such as the modified sit and reach, total body rotation, shoulder rotation, muscular endurance, muscular strength and endurance, and soda pop coordination tests.
- Author(s)Terry-Ann Spitzer Gibson,Wener Hoeger
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication16/09/2011
- GenreSports Studies & PE: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Weight352 g
- Width215 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Edition Statement2012 Edition,
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.