CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Environment, Nature & Earth
Save on Environment, Nature & Earth
- £149.84Trending at £157.41
- £14.95Trending at £15.13
- £19.38Trending at £19.66
- £7.88Trending at £9.98
- £9.57Trending at £12.90
- £9.45Trending at £10.24
- £6.95Trending at £9.98
About this product
- DescriptionWater, Ecosystems and Society
- Author BiographyJayanta Bandyopadhyay is the Head of the Centre for Development and Environment Policy at the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIMC). After completing his doctorate in engineering from Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, he turned his professional attention towards interdisciplinary studies of science and public policy with special interest in sustainable development policy. He has worked at reputed institutions such as Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (1978-87), International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development, Kathmandu (1987-93) and International Academy of Environment, Geneva (1993-97) where he was appointed Director of Research. His work in the past 25 years has been guided by the objective of generating transdisciplinary public interest knowledge on critical issues related to sustainable development and equity. He was a Coordinating Lead Author for the Responses Working Group in the Millennium Ecosystem Assessment and an expert reviewer for the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) in the area of climate change and water. He is currently the President of the Indian Society for Ecological Economics (Delhi) and the South Asian Consortium for Interdisciplinary Water Resource Studies (Hyderabad) and a member of the Board of the International Society for Ecological Economics. Professor Bandyopadhyay has published more than 100 research papers, books and articles. His latest publications include Integrated Water Systems Management in South Asia: A Framework for Research CDEP Occasional Paper 09 (Kolkata: Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, 2006); Biodiversity and Quality of Life (New Delhi: Macmillan, 2005); Moving the Mountains Up in the Global Environmental Agenda CDEP Occasional Paper 03 (Kolkata: Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, 2004); and a chapter on 'Freshwater Ecosystems Services' in the Report of the Millennium Ecosystems Assessment, Ecosystems and Human Wellbeing: Policy Responses (New York: Island Press, 2005).
- Author(s)Jayanta Bandyopadhyay
- PublisherSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication31/01/2009
- GenreEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSAGE India
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.