CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.12
- £9.22Trending at £11.01
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.85
- £28.00Trending at £30.30
- £15.48Trending at £19.34
- £15.72Trending at £22.86
About this product
- DescriptionFocuses on the properties of water and its interaction with life. This book examines the arguments of Lawrence J Henderson and other scholars on the 'fitness' of water for life as part of the physical and chemical properties of nature considered as a foundational environment within which life has emerged and evolved.
- Author BiographyRuth M. Lynden-Bell is emeritus professor of chemistry at Queen's University, Belfast and an emerita fellow of Murray Edwards College at the University of Cambridge. Simon Conway Morris is a professor of earth sciences at the University of Cambridge. John D. Barrow is a professor of mathematical sciences and director of the Millennium Mathematics Project at the University of Cambridge, and Gresham Professor of Geometry at Gresham College. John L. Finney is emeritus professor of physics in the London Centre for Nanotechnology at University College London. Charles L. Harper, Jr. is chancellor for international distance learning and senior vice president of the American University System as well as president of Vision-Five.com Consulting.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication26/11/2009
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note111 black & white illustrations, 14 black & white tables
- Weight907 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byCharles Harper,John D. Barrow,John L. Finney,Ruth M. Lynden-Bell,Simon Conway Morris
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.