All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionEver since researchers in Florida first formulated Gatorade in 1965, use of sports drinks has increased to the point of overindulgence by elite performers and novices alike. This book examines widely applied hydration prescriptions for athletes and scrutinizes claims of the sports drink industry that run counter to years of scientific study.
- Author BiographyKnown throughout the academic community for the high-calibre nature of his scientific insights and work, Dr. Timothy Noakes is Discovery Health professor of exercise and sport science at the University of Cape Town in South Africa. Publishing the first scientific article on Exercise-Associated Hyponatremia (EAH) is considered among his greatest achievements.
- Author(s)Tim Noakes
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/05/2012
- GenreFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note132 black & white illustrations, 26 black & white halftones
- Weight921 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.81Trending at £18.30
- £10.75Trending at £11.04
- £21.69Trending at £24.93
- £4.34Trending at £4.46
- £23.94Trending at £24.42
- £8.01Trending at £11.27
- £8.99Trending at £9.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.