All listings for this product
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.59Trending at £5.01
- £4.66Trending at £4.78
- £4.66Trending at £4.73
- £4.44Trending at £5.81
- £4.77Trending at £4.92
- £4.59Trending at £5.56
- £4.69Trending at £5.81
About this product
- DescriptionLexi, a young Mennonite woman from Saskatchewan, works as housekeeper and nanny for a doctor's family in Kitchener, Ontario, during the Depression. Her world explodes open in her new surroundings, and when Lexi is called home to Saskatchewan to care for her dying mother, she returns a changed person. Here, she finds a diary written by her brother.
- Author BiographyAnnie Jacobsen was born in Luseland, Saskatchewan, to a Mennonite mother and Lutheran father. In addition to Watermelon Syrup , she is the author of short stories, poetry, and an unpublished novel. In the later years of her life she lived in Toronto with her two children, taught writing workshops, and practised as a Jungian psychotherapist. Jane Finlay-Young met Annie in 1999 and together they developed and taught writing workshops. Jane published her first novel, From Bruised Fell , in 2000. At Annieas request, she rewrote Watermelon Syrup with the help of Di Brandtas editorial feedback. Barbara Godard , was Historica Chair of Canadian Literature and a professor of English, French, social and political thought, and womenas studies at York University. She published widely on Canadian and Quebec cultures and on feminist and literary theory. As translator, she introduced works by Quebec women writers to an English readership, including Nicole Brossardas Picture Theory (1991, revised edition 2006) and France ThA(c)oretas The Tangible Word (1991).
- Author(s)Annie Jacobson,Di Brandt,Jane Finlay-Young
- PublisherWilfrid Laurier University Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2007
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationWaterloo, Ontario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintWilfrid Laurier University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight448 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.