Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA new perspective on how the nation-state emerged and subsequently proliferated across the globe, accompanied by a wave of wars.
- Author BiographyAndreas Wimmer is Professor of Sociology at the University of California, Los Angeles. His research is aimed at understanding the dynamics of nation-state formation, ethnic boundary making and political conflict from a comparative perspective. He is the author of Nationalist Exclusion and Ethnic Conflict: Shadows of Modernity (Cambridge University Press, 2002) and his articles have been published by the American Journal of Sociology, the American Sociological Review, World Politics, Sociological Theory and Ethnic and Racial Studies, among others. Professor Wimmer's work has won best article awards from the Comparative Historical, Political, Cultural and Theory sections of the American Sociological Association as well as the Thyssen Prize for Best Article in the Social Sciences.
- PrizesWinner of Outstanding Book Award, Peace, War and Social Conflict Section, American Sociological Association 2013. Short-listed for Barrington Moore Book Award, American Sociological Association 2013.
- Author(s)Andreas Wimmer
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication22/11/2012
- GenreGovernment & Constitution
- Series TitleCambridge Studies in Comparative Politics
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note17 b/w illus. 35 tables
- Weight540 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Politics & Government
Save on Politics & Government
- £4.43Trending at £4.76
- £15.20Trending at £16.14
- £11.16Trending at £14.29
- £8.97Trending at £12.34
- £6.86Trending at £9.00
- £4.53Trending at £4.98
- £13.98Trending at £19.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.