All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBetween 27 May and 4 June 1940 over 900 vessels rescued 338,226 people trapped at Dunkirk. Cut off by the advancing German Army hundreds of thousands of Allied troops gathered on the beaches. This book includes stories from the soldiers who made the journey to Dunkirk and came under constant attack from Nazi aircraft as they boarded British ships.
- Author BiographyFrank and Joan Shaw live in Hinckley in Leicestershire. They have four children and nine grandchildren. They were born and raised in Deal, Kent and this is where they spent the war. The idea of the We Remember series came when their granddaughter asked them about the Second World War for a school project. Frank and Joan decided more memories needed to be committed to paper, and they wrote to 700 local newspapers throughout the country asking just that. They were flooded with letters, which they then self-published as five hardback books, raising over GBP100,000 for the Royal British Legion. Ebury Press are excited to be republishing them over 20 years later, with all royalties also going to the Legion.
- Author(s)Frank Shaw,Joan Shaw
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication21/11/2013
- GenreMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2013
- ImprintEbury Press
- Weight442 g
- Width137 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Most relevant reviews
- brightandbreezy...16 Aug, 2017by
It has my grandparents in this book and it's a great read
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £3.12Trending at £5.98
- £13.77Trending at £19.99
- £31.44Trending at £50.88
- £16.47Trending at £25.00
- £9.80Trending at £16.59
- £9.20Trending at £13.05
- £10.32Trending at £19.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.