All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionShows how anyone can produce the news, using personal blogs, Internet chat groups, email, and a host of other tools. This book tells the story of this emerging phenomenon and sheds light on this deep shift in how we make - and consume - the news.
- Author BiographyDan Gillmor is founder of Grassroots Media Inc., a project aimed at enabling grassroots journalism and expanding its reach. The company's first launch is Bayosphere.com, a site of, by and for the Bay Area. From 1994-2004, Gillmor was a columnist at the San Jose Mercury News, Silicon Valley's daily newspaper, and wrote a weblog for SiliconValley.com. He joined the Mercury News after six years with the Detroit Free Press. Before that, he was with the Kansas City Times and several newspapers in Vermont. A Phi Beta Kappa graduate of the University of Vermont, Gillmor received a Herbert Davenport fellowship in 1982 for economics and business reporting at the University of Missouri School of Journalism. During the 1986-87 academic year he was a journalism fellow at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, where he studied history, political theory and economics. He has won or shared in several regional and national journalism awards. Before becoming a journalist he played music professionally for seven years.
- Author(s)Dan Gillmor
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication10/02/2006
- GenreComputing: Consumer Books ('Technical Trade')
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight462 g
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £25.09
- £9.25Trending at £10.96
- £19.99Trending at £22.59
- £30.79Trending at £33.99
- £21.79Trending at £22.04
- £28.00Trending at £30.23
- £16.99Trending at £18.58
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.