All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Kouichi Matsuda,Rodger Lea
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication28/06/2013
- GenreComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2013
- ImprintAddison-Wesley Educational Publishers Inc
- Weight856 g
- Width179 mm
- Height233 mm
- Author BiographyDr. Kouichi Matsuda has a broad background in user interface and user experience design and its application to novel multimedia products. His work has taken him from product development, through research, and back to development, having spent time at NEC, Sony Corporate Research, and Sony Computer Science Laboratories. He is currently a chief distinguished researcher focused on user experience and human computer interaction across a range of consumer electronics. He was the designer of the social 3D virtual world called PAW (personal agent-oriented virtual world), was involved in the development of the VRML97 (ISO/IEC 14772-1:1997) standard from the start, and has remained active in both VRML and X3D communities (precursors to WebGL). He has written 15 books on computer technologies and translated a further 25 into Japanese. His expertise covers user experiences, user interface, human computer interaction, natural language understanding, entertainment-oriented network services, and interface agent systems. Always on the lookout for new and exciting possibilities in the technology space, he combines his professional life with a love of hot springs, sea in summer, wines, and MANGA (at which he dabbles in drawing and illustrations). He received his Ph.D. (Engineering) from the Graduate School of Engineering, University of Tokyo.Dr. Rodger Lea is an adjunct professor with the Media and Graphics Interdisciplinary Centre at the University of British Columbia, with an interest in systems aspects of multimedia and distributed computing. With more than 20 years of experience leading research groups in both academic and industrial settings, he has worked on early versions of shared 3D worlds, helped define VRML97, developed multimedia operating systems, prototyped interactive digital TV, and led developments on multimedia home networking standards. He has published more than 60 research papers and three books, and he holds 12 patents. His current research explores the growing Internet of Things, but he retains a passion for all things media and graphics.
Save on Computer & IT
- £36.63Trending at £37.82
- £35.51Trending at £37.08
- £53.48Trending at £58.72
- £45.12Trending at £59.99
- £36.98Trending at £37.58
- £23.15Trending at £35.99
- £29.79Trending at £37.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.