Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £22.30Trending at £28.99
- £27.92Trending at £30.58
- £26.50Trending at £28.72
- £13.15Trending at £15.69
- £25.66Trending at £27.89
- £23.42Trending at £29.73
- £23.65Trending at £26.09
About this product
- DescriptionExamines what the donning of uniforms says about cultural psychology and the expression of economic nationalism in Japan. Drawing on examples, this book focuses particularly on student uniforms, which are key socializing objects in Japan's politico-economic order, but also examines 'office ladies', 'salary men', service personnel, and housewives.
- Author BiographyHelen Bradley Foster is Lecturer, University of Minnesota. Donald Clay Johnson is Curator, Ames Library of South Asia, University of Minnesota.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication09/01/1998
- GenreCultural Studies
- Series TitleDress, Body, Culture
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerg Publishers
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight514 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byDonald Clay Johnson,Helen Bradley Foster
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.