CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £26.99Trending at £28.17
- £26.57Trending at £27.18
- £8.39Trending at £8.60
- £14.99Trending at £16.89
- £8.88Trending at £9.58
- £8.44Trending at £9.51
- £6.98Trending at £7.10
About this product
- Author(s)Laklak Burarrwanga,Sandie Suchet-Pearson,Sarah Wright
- PublisherMurdoch Books
- Date of Publication08/05/2014
- GenreUnclassifiable: Child or adult
- Place of PublicationMillers Point
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintMurdoch Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Author BiographyLaklak Burarrwanga, Sarah Wright, Sandie Suchet-Pearson and Kate Lloyd are an Indigenous and non-Indigenous research collective. Laklak and her sisters are elders and caretakers for Bawaka Country in northeast Arnhem Land. Sarah, Sandie and Kate are three non-Indigenous academics from Newcastle and Macquarie universities who have been adopted into the family as granddaughter, sister and daughter. Bawaka Country refers to the diverse land, water, animals, plants, rocks, thoughts and songs that make up their Indigenous homeland of Bawaka. Theirs is a story of lives entwined and of new places of being and belonging. Welcome to My Country is also a collaborative narrative of unexpected transformations, embedded families and the spirituality and agency of non-human elements in and of the landscape. The group have worked together as a research collective since 2006, and have written 2 books and several academic and popular articles together.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.