Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.20Trending at £17.38
- £4.60Trending at £6.20
- £12.06Trending at £12.19
About this product
- DescriptionAn exploration of the little-known yet historically important emigration of British army officers to the Australian colonies in the aftermath of the Napoleonic Wars. The book looks at the significant impact they made at a time of great colonial expansion, particularly in new south Wales with its transition from a convict colony to a free society.
- Author BiographyCHRISTINE WRIGHT lives in New South Wales, and is a Visiting Fellow at the Australian National University, Canberra, where she completed her PhD on the impact of Peninsular War veterans on the Australian colonies. She has lectured, tutored and published in the fields of British and Australian history.
- Author(s)Christine Wright
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication28/04/2011
- GenreMilitary History
- Series TitleWar, Culture and Society, 1750-1850
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content NoteVII, 243 p.
- Weight511 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.