Best-selling in History & Military
About this product
- DescriptionJohn Alexander Williams's West Virginia: A History is widely considered one of the finest books ever written about the state.
- Author BiographyJohn Alexander Williams received his doctorate in history from Yale University in 1966, having studied with the eminent American historian, C. Vann Woodward. He taught at the University of Notre Dame and the University of Illinois at Chicago before joining the Department of History at West Virginia University in 1972. He is now Professor of History at Appalachian State University in Boone, NC, having also directed the Center for Appalachian Studies for seven years. He is the author of West Virginia and the Captains of Industry, a West Virginia University Press classic.
- Author(s)John Alexander Williams
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication28/11/1984
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Out-of-print date10/12/2001
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight300 g
- Width140 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.