More items related to this product
Best-selling in External Hard Disk Drives
Save on External Hard Disk Drives
- £381.59Trending at £389.65
- £75.99Trending at £101.58
- £71.87Trending at £73.39
- £104.95Trending at £108.68
- £114.99Trending at £170.33
- £75.25Trending at £94.44
- £109.89Trending at £112.62
About this product
- DescriptionThe Western Digital My Passport WDBY8L0020BBK 2 TB external HDD is an excellent storage solution for users who travel often. With a massive storage capacity, this WD hard drive meets the growing demands of storing your digitized content. Get data transfer speeds of up to 5 Gbps with the USB 3.0 interface in this external HDD that makes way for consistent storage and archiving abilities. With an automatic backup utility software, this WD hard drive provides continuous backup with encryption for all your files, thereby ensuring data safety. The Western Digital My Passport WDBY8L0020BBK uses its USB cable to draw power, thus eliminating the need of an adapter.
- BrandWestern Digital
- ModelMy Passport
- Hard Drive TypeDesktop HDD
- Spindle Speed5400 RPM
- InterfaceUSB 3.0
- DesignationLaptop Computer
- External Data Transfer Rate60 Mbps
- Form Factor2.5"
- Average Latency5.56 ms
- Height (mm)21
- Width (mm)82
- Depth (mm)111
- Weight (g)230
Most relevant reviews
- eatseeds11 Jun, 2015by
No problem external usb3 hard drive.
I bought this passport 2tb because my 1tb external drive was getting full. I was dubious about getting this item because iv had problems before with other makes of external hard drives. But this is a usb3 drive and works very fine and quickly. I recommend this drive for usb3 users.
- pbs5704 Jan, 2015by
Great product. Excellent value for your hard earned!
Fantastic little and compact bit of kit. USB3 gives it a speedy response with storage and retrieval. Looks pretty cool too. Worth every penny in my book...or should I say Passport!
- davidastar201007 Feb, 2014by
Solid, Reliable .... Dependable !!
Learnt about WD drives from a dutch bank programs analyst .... used them ever since !! Excellent product .... well made ... and sturdy. Plus a two year guarantee .... What more can you expect ?? Would recommend this to anyone ....
- briantxxx06 Feb, 2014by
Excellent value for money , Good product
Excellent product ,Very good brand , never heard anything bad about WD Passport, Uses only 1 usb unlike some other that us 2 to enable better use of other ports whilst transferring data. Slimline , well made
- surfer511205 Dec, 2013by
Get one, great WD solution for local storage / O/S backup etc.
This is the fourth WD 2TB I have purchased, they perform well as USB 2.0 devices with decent transfer rates but are serious speed contenders when connected to USB 3.0 interfaces dispite being only 5400RPM models. I have considered the Ultra models do not think the additional bundled software justfies the extra cost and I am not interested in cloud storage. I have had NO PROBLEMS at all with any Windows O/S and would recommend them to anyone requiring a versatile, portable self powered storage solution. Effective storage of 1.81TB, the FAT table has to live somewhere so I guess that's where the rest of the 2TB unformatted capacity went !, for me this not a problem.